I looooove food. Love it!…*hugs self*
I think I love it, more because of watching mom cook. Watching her, learning from her, laughing with her, as she tried chicken, baked awesome pies, prepared mouthwatering cakes!…*hugs self*
I especially loved cake baking times. The smells. The sounds of batter being whipped furiously within the mixing bowl.
I listened to the whisking sound, day dreamed of the scrumptious cake to come.
ALL the while, hovering near, hoping, daring to dream, of the moment when mom would expertly pour the creamy, golden batter into the pan I had proudly been allowed to prepare by coating in flour and EXPERTLY patting the extra flour away…*hugs self*
It was ONLY then that mom would scrape the bowl, with her well worn spatula, leaving just enough batter, on the spatula, for a tantalizing taste of cake.
NOTHING compared with her handing us the spatula, with a smile, as we slowly licked that spatula clean!
Surely, she gave more then the spatula should have held. Why, she scraped EVERY last drop of batter, from the mixing bowl.
The spatula, though…!!💃
I would dance around the room, with said spatula, acting as though I had won an Olympic Gold Medal.
I had won! Chosen to have the spatula. I almost felt bad for he who came in second…*shakes head sadly*. They were left with the scraped clean bowl. Poor dears.
Those memories, those I hold close to my heart. The same way that I am holding on to yesterday, STILL, not wanting to turn loose my ‘spatula’ given me by mom(from heaven), God and Life.
The moments, even the terrifying flying down the mountain moments, have meant so much I can’t turn them loose.
Am licking each and every drop from this day, from these moments, from my heart, from God’s Heart, from Life’s Heartbeat as I can.
Although, I anticipate the coming ‘cake’ with gladness. I am enjoying the NOWness, of these moments. They shall NEVER come again, in this way.
Life is short, beloveds. Enjoy your moments. Relish your ‘spatula’. Enjoy the cake, when it arrives.
UNTIL your ‘cake’ comes:
Allow God and Life to Live, Love and Laugh with you.
Cassandra FULL AND GRATEFUL
- Real talk: What would you say?https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=tJYpZKU81lc&feature=share What would you say? What would you say, who would you say it TO, if it/they would be your last words? Who/whom, would you say the words to? What would you say? Knowing, upon completion’s end, your words, would be the last words this world would ever hear. Would you: Allow, pride, to keep … Continue reading Real talk: What would you say?
- Alone.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=i3XGSPAMNRc&feature=share Mom, I miss you. I have never felt more alone. I need you. Need to hear your “Everything will be okay”. My birthday is a bit over two weeks away. Someone asked me what I wanted. ALL I want for my birthday is another day with you. I’ve tried, mom. Tried to be a … Continue reading Alone.
- Last one…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! ‘Nuff said. Have an awesome, amazing, outrageous, relaxing, ridiculous weekend. I have done my part, have shouted into the void for us all, have done my work, have given my all. YOUR turns, beloveds. *Cassandra hands the mike/keyboard over. Love some folks, wouldja please and thanks? Can’t get to them all myself, dontchaknow? Be … Continue reading Last one…
- Just cuz.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! OMG!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I NEEDED a good laugh. How about you? Take a coupla laughs into your day and save some for the weekend, wouldja please and thanks? How can we NOT laugh? Life is good, even when it’s hard. Keep going. Cassandra #YourLifeMattersToMe
- Just in case…True story about you. You are MORE than enough. The week has had it’s say. You have had your way, in this week, the best you could. Let your TRY, your LOVE, your EFFORT, be enough. You did your thing, this week. Time to lay down the effort. Time to rest. Time to breathe. Time … Continue reading Just in case…
- Keep going.My thoughts EXACTLY this morning…hehe…. Have you had one of those mornings where you want to tell your positive attitude to positively shut the hell up already!? Hhmm….scuse me…..*Cassandra rushes off to make coffee. Apparently her want to went on ahead and went back to bed* We know return to normal broadcasting…. Where was I? … Continue reading Keep going.
- Keep moving.There are days, weeks, months, even, when the LAST thing I prefer to do is to keep moving. Getting out of bed, is an effort. Making life, er, coffee, is an effort. Getting dressed, is an effort. Deciding what to eat for breakfast, is an effort. Having to eat, said breakfast, is an effort. Effort. … Continue reading Keep moving.
- Live!https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9V6oNGAvw&feature=share Life is short. We only get ONE go around. No matter how it goes. We don’t get to learn lessons then get a do over. The ONLY thing we have is THIS moment. We have no idea how many more moments we have. Live. LIVE! REFUSE to live this life by barely scraping by. … Continue reading Live!
- Not gonna happen….*shrug*…Nuff said.😜🤷♀️ 🤣 Life is short. Celebrate your greatness. Love someone, today, eh? You can start with me and keep it moving. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I crack myself at times. Be well, Cassandra #YourLifeMattersToMe
- I am.I am. ‘Nuff said. So, are you. We don’t have to add, anything. We be fantastic all by ourselves. Just, as we are. Yes, we may not be, where we want to be, where we thought we would be, where we hope to be. Yet, we are: Enough. Again… I, am. So, are you. Folks … Continue reading I am.