I have been wanting to go to the lake. Have heard how pretty it was. Have never been. Have been wanting to go for five years. Egads! Will get to him in a minute!
I was also starving. Hankering for some BK Original Chicken sandwiches.
Figured I would go to the lake, enjoy some peace, music and hang out time with God and Life.
We have been having an awful heat wave. The weather has been bad. For weeks. EVERY time I planned to go to the lake, something always came up. I was TIRED of using the heat, as an excuse. I needed to get out.
Last night, I must admit to being a bit pitiful; alone, listening to coworkers discuss family bbq holiday plans.
I ALLOWED myself to be sad, lonely and pitiful, for a time. I find it sad that society tries to make folks feel sad about feeling, well sad, at times.
Especially, Christian folk. Good night, appears to be a crime to be a Christian with any type of feeling. Another subject for another day.
Anywho, let myself BE:
Woke, next day, and was done being lonely. Went about my afternoon, enjoying my solitude with God and Life. Decided to annoy my wombie and rang her up. Delicious!😎
So much so, I decided to try the lake experience.
*sinister music begins to play in the background. Foreshadowing!!👀*
Snatching up water, snickers bar, purse, keys, adventurous spirit, I hopped in Cherry 🚗, blasted my fave music and headed for beauty, lake-chilling, awesome music and hanging out with God and Life.
Full disclosure: I love mountains. Love, love love looking at them on television and on my scenic calendars. That said, I am absolutely TERRIFIED of mountain road driving. Especially the especially curvy, winding, what the hell is all this fresh hell, type windy roads.
*sinister music is up full blast about now. A terrifying monster have joined said sinister music just waiting for entrance….*sigh*👀
So, of course, the 30 MINUTE DRIVE IS ALL WINDY, TWISTY, WHAT THE FRESH HELL IS ALL THIS TWISTY PRETZEL ON STEROIDS ROADS!!!!
Oh, yea, yall I was introduced to Geez! today. Yall already know me and Yikes! and Egads! are tight.
30 minutes! I forgot to enjoy my music. Who can enjoy music hollering ‘Geez!’ at the top of one’s lungs, anyway!
God: Why don’t you enjoy these beautiful mountains I made for you?
Me: Can’t You see?! I am trying not to die here!!
Yikes!: Yea, we a bit busy here. Egads!
Egads!: What in the fresh hell!!??
GEEZ!: Geez! Don’t folk know how to drive!? OMG! SLOW DOWN!!
Fast forward a horrifying 30 minutes, white knuckled, I pull up to an entrance, one mile from my destination, says Google Maps, and this tiny man, in shorts two sizes too big, rushes up and yells at me:
Tiny man: Hey! You almost went the wrong way! The ranger would give you an $1,800 ticket for going the wrong way!
Me: Sir, I have never been here before. I am not from around here.
Tiny man: I don’t care.
Tiny man storms off. I get ready to head towards the lake, a mile away. Terrified, still, I remind myself I will be seeing the lake, soon. I soooo looked forward to seeing it, in PERSON. I was tired of enjoying life in picture, in dreams.
I wanted, no NEEDED, to see the lake, in person. A reminder that my other dreams would soon be lived out, by me. I wouldn’t have to keep longing for them. Would hold them, in my hands.
Whilst daydreaming and waiting my turn, tiny man came tearing back to my car:
Tiny man: So, you know it costs $5 to enter, don’t you?
Me: I had no idea. That’s fine.
Tiny man: You know we only take cash, don’t you?
Me: I had no idea. I am not from here. I don’t carry cash. Will you accept my credit card?
Tiny man: No. Most folk are like you. They only use cards. You will have to turn around.
The next thoughts I had were not age appropriate, I must say.
It would be one thing, to have conquered my fears, and be rewarded with a pretty lake, quiet time and chillaxing.
Nope. ALL I had accomplished was a terrifying ride, only to be turned back, ONE mile, from my destination.
A metaphor for my life, this past little while.
I could have gotten angry with God and Life for not giving me the ‘heads up’. They KNOW my fears. They could have let me know what was around those terrifying bends. Rather, could have let a sista know the terrifying bends were coming, in the first place.
They could have told me to bring some cash.
Why did They remain silent?
To enjoy my terror?
To take satisfaction in another experience falling short of my Hope’s, my expectations, my dreams?
To take glee in me ‘wasting’ an afternoon?
Why then? Will answer after describing the trip back.
OMG THE TRIP BACK!!
GEEZ!: MUST we talk about the trip back! OMG!!!!!
Me: We must…*sigh*
White knuckled, I turn around. This time, I tell myself I am going to do my best to enjoy the mountains, the gorgeous clouds, the sunshine, and return trip home.
I had to do the trip, anyway, may as well make the best of things, of the day.
It’s amazing how peaceful a winding mountain drive can be, minus screams of GEEZ! and OMG!s. I could actually hear the soothing music, enjoyed how the trees swayed this way and that. Seems like the trees were enjoying the music, the sun, the peace along with me and God and Life.
I forgot to be afraid.
I forgot my mad about being ONE mile from a five year’s daydream.
The scary was no longer scary.
The scary became another precious moment.
A moment I will carry with me for the rest of my days.
Looooong after I have forgotten the initial terror, I will remember the MOMENT:
The knowledge I had faced more fears and LIVED, anyway.
It was the TRY, you see, God and Life were actually after. The lake was besides the point.
There will be other opportunities, to see the lake. At least, I hope there will be. One never knows. Life happens.
The moral of the tale, I guess, is to TRY. Just TRY. Get on out there. EXPERIENCE life. Don’t just survive it.
Don’t let the threat of ‘heat’ to keep you from getting out there and mixing it up with life.
Will I try again, tomorrow? Who knows.
I DO know, THIS TRY, has given me the confidence, the willingness, the drive to TRY something else.
God and Life had a different path and plan for my afternoon. Did it make mine unimportant? No, just meant they course corrected to another moment, to another journey. I learned more about me. I enjoyed the mountain drive. I enjoyed ME.😎
ALL we need to do, beloveds, is to TRY. That and make sure you have some cash on you, just in case! 😜🤣
Live. Love. Rejoice.
We got this.
God has us all.
I love you,
- Now what!?Circumstances acted a fool on me, today. Today, I stood. Now what, circumstances?! You, do NOT run this. You, do NOT run me. You, circumstances, shall run from me. Situations cut up on me, today. Today, I trusted. Now what, situations!? You, do NOT own this. You, do NOT own me. You, situations, shall be … Continue reading Now what!?
- I CHOOSE…I choose: To stand, no matter what. To TRY, no matter what. To love, no matter what. To give my all, no matter what. To persevere, no matter what. To laugh, no matter what. To hope, no matter what. I choose to: Trust, God. Trust, Life. Trust, my TRY. Trust, the folks in my life … Continue reading I CHOOSE…
- Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=X0f8bg4XEeI&feature=share PSA: There may be tears, by post end. Skip the end….😥. Hang in there, til the end, and the ride will be worth it. Okay, maybe not but my vent, er rant, er ahem, positive, uplifting message will have been of benefit to us all. *que sinister, foreboding, what the fresh hell music* I … Continue reading Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.
- A shout out to ALL who care.I spent a delicious weekend enjoying the different blogs and responses! Sooooooooooooo much: Encouragement. Feedback. Challenges. Love. Care. Truth. Shown and shared! Awesome!! Thanks to ALL who have taken from their moments to reach into my life and touch my heart. This week is anniversary of the passing of one of my big bros. Today … Continue reading A shout out to ALL who care.
- Today, was too heavy to carry, today.Today, was too heavy to carry, today. I gave it to God and Life, instead. Allowed THEM to carry this day, THEIR way. Laid my head upon God and Life’s Shoulders. Asked THEM to bear these burdens, and replace them with peace/joy/love, again. My burdens, They carried. Both told me to rest and allow THEM … Continue reading Today, was too heavy to carry, today.
- Waiting for the spatula.I looooove food. Love it!…*hugs self* I think I love it, more because of watching mom cook. Watching her, learning from her, laughing with her, as she tried chicken, baked awesome pies, prepared mouthwatering cakes!…*hugs self* I especially loved cake baking times. The smells. The sounds of batter being whipped furiously within the mixing bowl. … Continue reading Waiting for the spatula.
- Breakfast at midnight Part IIYesterday was sooooo delicious I could NOT let it end. In fact, it was so delicious I HAD to extend it into today! Just can’t let these moments go. Life is soooooo very short. I am squeezing EVERY moment to it’s limit. Breakfast was so delish, well, just HAD to rinse/repeat…*hugs self* Circumstances still working … Continue reading Breakfast at midnight Part II
- Breakfast at midnight.I love bacon! FINALLY remembered to order bacon! YYAAAAASSSSSSSS! It was late. I had a satisfying Saturday. I had turned in, early, anticipating bacon, eggs, orange juice and coffee. Yummers! I couldn’t sleep. Just couldn’t get bacon and eggs off my mind. Bacon! Eggs! No work tomorrow! Hhmmmmm. Aha! No work tomorrow sounds an awful … Continue reading Breakfast at midnight.
- Feel the heat/fear. Do it anyway!I have been wanting to go to the lake. Have heard how pretty it was. Have never been. Have been wanting to go for five years. Egads! Will get to him in a minute! I was also starving. Hankering for some BK Original Chicken sandwiches. Road trip! Figured I would go to the lake, enjoy … Continue reading Feel the heat/fear. Do it anyway!