Circumstances, situations, the world, the enemy, applying pressure something fierce, here lately.
I must admit, I got clipped, nicely today. Roundhouse to the chops. Minding my own business, standing, doing my utmost to do my utmost and….
After getting over the shock of being unfairly targeted by foolishness, I proceeded to stand, regally. I gracefully sidestepped the bombs, thereafter, and had a glorious and pain free rest of the day.
Had some hardship. Fell flat on my face. Pouted. Got mad. Pouted, some more. Got mad, some more. Rinsed and repeated the aforementioned dumbness. Added a sprinkle of ‘feeling sorry for myself’. Stormed about, in my mind, carrying on and wondering, whining, rather, where God and Life were.
Did they NOT know I was tarrying, working, getting punched, in the face, for THEIR sakes?????!
Climbed on my high horse, and did a fine soliloquey on the unfairness of Life, of God, for having me toil, try and get pounded on, for no good reason, I am tellin ya….smh….*sigh*….*Cassandra has to shake her head knowing she KNOWS better than to be wasting time on tantrums such as these*….*sigh*….
I admit it. Acted quite the fool. Asked for prayer, from my accountability partner. Got said prayer. What was more important, I got a nice hind end kicking. Much deserved.
I know better!
I KNOW BETTER!!!
These tough days, these hard things, these lonely, rock filled, snake infested roads are ONLY providing the needed pressure to form this diamond, called me!
Diamonds are formed by heat and pressure, over a long period of time. Buried, deep within the Earth’s crust. Down deep, where they must be ferreted out. A costly endeavor. Diamonds are valuable because of their:
Time they took to form.
Expense it takes to ferret them out.
People’s perceptions of their value.
Yes, man has found a way to reproduce diamonds. Yet, NOTHING can top the diamonds God and Life have made! Man made diamonds will ALWAYS have their flaws, their occlusions. Even man made diamonds, though, have their beauty. Still have to pressure to make them.
So, don’t sweat the pressure, when it comes. The pressure won’t break you. Just feels as though it can, or will, at times.
The ONLY thing we need to allow pressure to break is our pride, our fear, our discouragement, (insert whatever words you like here).
When you feel you are being squeezed, rejoice.
When you feel you are being pressured, rejoice.
When you feel you are under intense heat, rejoice.
When you feel you can’t take ANOTHER step, rejoice.
You are being tried, tested, pressured, pressed, above measure. The priceless diamond, called YOU is being formed.
Stay, in the fight.
Stay, in the fire.
Stay, in the waiting.
Stay, in the standing.
Stay, in the trying.
You SHALL come out as gold. You shall come out the diamond.
I go with.
- Now what!?Circumstances acted a fool on me, today. Today, I stood. Now what, circumstances?! You, do NOT run this. You, do NOT run me. You, circumstances, shall run from me. Situations cut up on me, today. Today, I trusted. Now what, situations!? You, do NOT own this. You, do NOT own me. You, situations, shall be … Continue reading Now what!?
- I CHOOSE…I choose: To stand, no matter what. To TRY, no matter what. To love, no matter what. To give my all, no matter what. To persevere, no matter what. To laugh, no matter what. To hope, no matter what. I choose to: Trust, God. Trust, Life. Trust, my TRY. Trust, the folks in my life … Continue reading I CHOOSE…
- Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=X0f8bg4XEeI&feature=share PSA: There may be tears, by post end. Skip the end….😥. Hang in there, til the end, and the ride will be worth it. Okay, maybe not but my vent, er rant, er ahem, positive, uplifting message will have been of benefit to us all. *que sinister, foreboding, what the fresh hell music* I … Continue reading Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.
- A shout out to ALL who care.I spent a delicious weekend enjoying the different blogs and responses! Sooooooooooooo much: Encouragement. Feedback. Challenges. Love. Care. Truth. Shown and shared! Awesome!! Thanks to ALL who have taken from their moments to reach into my life and touch my heart. This week is anniversary of the passing of one of my big bros. Today … Continue reading A shout out to ALL who care.
- Today, was too heavy to carry, today.Today, was too heavy to carry, today. I gave it to God and Life, instead. Allowed THEM to carry this day, THEIR way. Laid my head upon God and Life’s Shoulders. Asked THEM to bear these burdens, and replace them with peace/joy/love, again. My burdens, They carried. Both told me to rest and allow THEM … Continue reading Today, was too heavy to carry, today.
- Waiting for the spatula.I looooove food. Love it!…*hugs self* I think I love it, more because of watching mom cook. Watching her, learning from her, laughing with her, as she tried chicken, baked awesome pies, prepared mouthwatering cakes!…*hugs self* I especially loved cake baking times. The smells. The sounds of batter being whipped furiously within the mixing bowl. … Continue reading Waiting for the spatula.
- Breakfast at midnight Part IIYesterday was sooooo delicious I could NOT let it end. In fact, it was so delicious I HAD to extend it into today! Just can’t let these moments go. Life is soooooo very short. I am squeezing EVERY moment to it’s limit. Breakfast was so delish, well, just HAD to rinse/repeat…*hugs self* Circumstances still working … Continue reading Breakfast at midnight Part II
- Breakfast at midnight.I love bacon! FINALLY remembered to order bacon! YYAAAAASSSSSSSS! It was late. I had a satisfying Saturday. I had turned in, early, anticipating bacon, eggs, orange juice and coffee. Yummers! I couldn’t sleep. Just couldn’t get bacon and eggs off my mind. Bacon! Eggs! No work tomorrow! Hhmmmmm. Aha! No work tomorrow sounds an awful … Continue reading Breakfast at midnight.
- Feel the heat/fear. Do it anyway!I have been wanting to go to the lake. Have heard how pretty it was. Have never been. Have been wanting to go for five years. Egads! Will get to him in a minute! I was also starving. Hankering for some BK Original Chicken sandwiches. Road trip! Figured I would go to the lake, enjoy … Continue reading Feel the heat/fear. Do it anyway!
- Let’s get after it.Let’s get after it. Let’s ATTACK and WIN this day! No slinking in the back way, hoping for a good outcome. Naw, we kicking down the front, DEMANDING situations, circumstances, doubt, fear, the enemy and ALL their ilk to bow to our say so, to give way to our hope, to give in to our … Continue reading Let’s get after it.
- Yikes!Much to share. Much, much, much TOO BUSY at work! Yikes!!! Whew!!! Good thing I can STILL tear up heaven praying for us all. Hang in there, beloveds. Remember, you are: Loved. Prayed for. Cherished. Special. Needed. Necessary. Okay. Okay to be okay until you are okay if you are not okay today. Keep moving … Continue reading Yikes!