Circumstances, situations, the world, the enemy, applying pressure something fierce, here lately.
I must admit, I got clipped, nicely today. Roundhouse to the chops. Minding my own business, standing, doing my utmost to do my utmost and….
After getting over the shock of being unfairly targeted by foolishness, I proceeded to stand, regally. I gracefully sidestepped the bombs, thereafter, and had a glorious and pain free rest of the day.
Had some hardship. Fell flat on my face. Pouted. Got mad. Pouted, some more. Got mad, some more. Rinsed and repeated the aforementioned dumbness. Added a sprinkle of ‘feeling sorry for myself’. Stormed about, in my mind, carrying on and wondering, whining, rather, where God and Life were.
Did they NOT know I was tarrying, working, getting punched, in the face, for THEIR sakes?????!
Climbed on my high horse, and did a fine soliloquey on the unfairness of Life, of God, for having me toil, try and get pounded on, for no good reason, I am tellin ya….smh….*sigh*….*Cassandra has to shake her head knowing she KNOWS better than to be wasting time on tantrums such as these*….*sigh*….
I admit it. Acted quite the fool. Asked for prayer, from my accountability partner. Got said prayer. What was more important, I got a nice hind end kicking. Much deserved.
I know better!
I KNOW BETTER!!!
These tough days, these hard things, these lonely, rock filled, snake infested roads are ONLY providing the needed pressure to form this diamond, called me!
Diamonds are formed by heat and pressure, over a long period of time. Buried, deep within the Earth’s crust. Down deep, where they must be ferreted out. A costly endeavor. Diamonds are valuable because of their:
Time they took to form.
Expense it takes to ferret them out.
People’s perceptions of their value.
Yes, man has found a way to reproduce diamonds. Yet, NOTHING can top the diamonds God and Life have made! Man made diamonds will ALWAYS have their flaws, their occlusions. Even man made diamonds, though, have their beauty. Still have to pressure to make them.
So, don’t sweat the pressure, when it comes. The pressure won’t break you. Just feels as though it can, or will, at times.
The ONLY thing we need to allow pressure to break is our pride, our fear, our discouragement, (insert whatever words you like here).
When you feel you are being squeezed, rejoice.
When you feel you are being pressured, rejoice.
When you feel you are under intense heat, rejoice.
When you feel you can’t take ANOTHER step, rejoice.
You are being tried, tested, pressured, pressed, above measure. The priceless diamond, called YOU is being formed.
Stay, in the fight.
Stay, in the fire.
Stay, in the waiting.
Stay, in the standing.
Stay, in the trying.
You SHALL come out as gold. You shall come out the diamond.
I go with.
- Tell, someone.Tell, someone. Tell, someone, they are: Loved. Needed. Required. Let, someone. Let, someone: In. Love, you. Give, someone. Give, someone: You. Let them, give, to you. Show, someone. Show, someone: Your, heart. Let them, show their heart, too. Love, someone. Love, someone: Beginning, with you. Extend that love, to another. Allow another, to extend that … Continue reading Tell, someone.
- Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.Today, I rejoice. Fully, present. Fully, LIVEing. Fully, here. Fully, invested: In, life. In, love. In, me. In, God. In, Life. In, others. It feels good. To, be. Just to be, ME! Never, again, allowing circumstances, situations, others, other’s expectations, or lack thereof, to: Define, me. Own, me. Silence, me. Frighten, me. Defeat, me. Dismiss, … Continue reading Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.
- Jesus, here You stay.Jesus, here, You stay. Here, with me, You remain. Where ever I find me, I find You, there, too. No matter, where, You are there. I love You, Jesus. For, You have NO shame, when it comes, to me. To, seeking me. To, finding me. Where EVER, I go, there, You are willing to go, … Continue reading Jesus, here You stay.
- He plays with ME. Wow.God plays. With me. With ME! Wow!! I am a different breed of cat, as they say. I enjoy goofhead things. I ENJOY being a goofhead. Most folk, though, either are too uncomfortable, too annoyed, or too something or other to allow me to, well, just be my goofhead side. I need to BE, her, … Continue reading He plays with ME. Wow.
- Real talk: Play.It may, or may NOT be true, depending on who you listen to, or who be snitching, that I am sitting here, in my undies, drinking coffee, blasting Hillsong’s ‘Through it All’, in semi darkness, bathed only in the glow of my candle warmer…..*shiver*….awesome!! My heart woke me. She wanted, to play. No, she NEEDED, … Continue reading Real talk: Play.
- Alone: A shepherd.Am feeling alone, today. Not, lonely. Just, alone. A sheperd. Helping God and Life to gently usher the little ones, back to the rest of the herd, where there is safety. Jesus loves all. Yet, His Greatest Concern, is for the stragglers, the lost sheep, those who stray a bit, from the safety the other … Continue reading Alone: A shepherd.
- You Are Amazing!YOU ARE AMAZING! The things that we suffer with and from have a way of obscuring this one immutable certainty: You are amazing! Now, you may not be feeling particularly amazing at this particular moment in time (particularly if you are a person who views the glass as being half-empty and you may be struggling … Continue reading You Are Amazing!
- You don’t make a difference, you ARE the difference!Go! Now! Be! Do! YOU! ‘Nuff said. Time is short, beloveds. This world NEEDS who and what you are. Be: You. For: Him. Me. You. Everyone. Unapologetically. Relentlessly. Tirelessly. Love SHALL win, in the end. Be, a light. With, The Light. Forever His and yours, I am. #YourLifeMattersToMe
- Who, am I?I asked God: Who, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. I asked God: Whose, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. And, I am Yours. I asked God: Why, am I? God said: Because, I AM. You, are. I, said I!? Yes, said He!! I am. I am!! … Continue reading Who, am I?
- You are amazing.You are amazing. Yea, YOU. If your eyes have landed, on this page, I was talking to you. 😎 Nope, you didn’t have to DO anything. Why are you amazing, you ask? The fact you may even HAVE to ask makes me sad. I used to wonder the same thing, about me. Used to beat … Continue reading You are amazing.
- Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.I am not satisfied. God and Life keeps saying there is more to this life I have been living. They are right. The more free I get, the more I want to experience LIFE. ALL of it. The good days and the tough days. The awesome moments and the rough moments. I want to give … Continue reading Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.