Exodus 3:14 – 14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.
Moses was tending sheep, minding his own, when he happened along the burning bush. Curious, he went to go and see ‘what’s up with that?’.
It was only THEN, when Moses decided to turn and see what was up, that God spoke to Him, told Moses to go tell Pharoah to let His Peeps go.
This makes me think of many things:
Would God have called Moses, if Moses had not turned and noticed that burning bush?
If Moses had minded his own business, and NOT turned aside, would God have left Moses, to mind his own, and choose someone else to tell Pharoah let My Homies and Homettes go?
Was the burning bush a test for Moses, to see if he would turn aside? Was the burning bush just for Moses, or for anyone who would care enough, to ‘turn aside and see?’
I wonder. I wonder…
In wondering, I now wonder:
Why would God have chosen some seemingly unimportant sheep looker after to look after His Flock, to select this unknown man, to let His Many Chillun go?
As far as the world was concerned, Moses was a big fat zero. This man, Moses, was no hero. Perhaps, had Moses stayed up in Pharoah’s mighty home he could have been chosen. He was a prince, back then. He had stature, back then. When the world viewed him as a SOMEBODY. He was considered a son of Pharoah.
Yet, God waited until Life had put the smack down to Moses, leaving him destitute, enslaved, without hope, without help. Tending to sheep, not ruling over men. Dressed in rags, not fine garments.
One would think, God would have called Moses when Moses had the stature of men, the stage of all, to use his voice. Back then, when Moses had it all, I am sure he had the confidence to go with it, the position to go with it, the favor of the Pharoah.
Yet, He waited. And, waited. And, waited.
40 years later, God reached out to Moses. When Moses seemingly had nothing to offer. Moses wandered and wondered around for 40 years, thinking his best days behind him, I am sure.
Then, the bush, the call ‘Go roll up on Pharoah and let him know it is time to let My People go. Tell Pharoah I AM has sent you.
Of course, Moses presented ALL the reasons why he was not the one for the task. Listed all he could not do, all he did not have. Am sure he went over all the lost prestige, favor and honor he had ‘back in the day’.
Just as Moses saw the burning bush, God saw Moses heart. God cared what was IN Moses. God cared not one whit about what Moses had or did not have, what he wore or did not wear. God gave not two hoots about who Moses knew or did not know.
ALL God required of Moses was his willingness to go, to try, to do as asked. He knew, on the front end, Pharoah would not listen. He knew, on the front end, Moses would need for God to work wonders, on his behalf.
He just needed a willing vessel.
These days, God and Life have burning bushes going off every which way. Waiting, waiting, waiting, for willing hearts to ‘turn aside and see’.
See, God and Life, can’t take care of things without us. They need our:
Yet, don’t we tend to want to shy away asking,
Who am I?
What can I do to make a bit of difference?
What do I have worth while to give?
What weight will my words evey carry?
We make a bargain with God and Life. We will turn aside when we obtain:
We have to pay rent, you see, to the world. We have to earn the right to:
Yet, God and Life have NEVER asked, demanded, forced, required any of us to earn love, peace, hope, joy, freedom. These things are FREELY given. By God. By Life. Just waiting for US to RECEIVE THEM!
Sadly, this world has conned us, ALL of us, in thinking we have to strive, buy, earn, kill, take, steal love, prosperity, happiness, joy, (add your own words here), where ever and whenever we can.
The world mocks our efforts, admonishes us for dreaming, thinking, hoping, believing we can and will be loved. Just for us. Just because we matter.
We allow the world’s laughter to get us to jump on the eternal hamster wheel of effort, effort, effort, more effort, indefatigable effort of earning our place in the world.
The harder we work, the more effort we give, the farther we get from said love, worth, prosperity, (add your own words here). The farther away these things get, the harder we work, the more effort we get, the farther peace/joy/hope is removed from us.
Despairing, we give up, internally mostly. Give up on ever ‘getting there’. We find ourselves locked in a prison of hopeless, wondering if we will EVER have that which we seek.
What’s worse, we have toiled and striven so long, we have forgotten what the world we were striving to/for.
One day, God and Life will set a burning bush, inside of us, and wait. And, wait. And, wait.
They wait and whisper ‘This is NOT the life meant for you. You were NEVER meant to toil, to strive, for love, to BE loved. You are loved. Your life matters. YOU matter’.
They whisper, to each of us, and wonder, who will turn aside. They hope. They pray. They encourage. They wait.
I am thankful, grateful even, for the Relentless Love of God. For me. God loved me enough to keep waiting, to keep whispering, to keep encouraging me. Until I was ready to turn aside and see the burning bush inside of me.
There is nothing more humbling, amazing, awesome, unbelieving knowing that I AM, He who created everything with His Word, loves me!
GOD LOVES ME!!!
Amazing! Amazes me, still.
When you know that you know that you KNOW, you are loved….wow…..changes EVERYTHING!
KNOWING you are loved changes you, completely.
KNOWING you don’t have to strive for love, that you ARE loved…..whew….hard to fathom.
KNOWING you don’t have to earn a thing, do a thing, be a thing and God loves you, STILL!??
It is so awesome being warmed by the Fire of God’s Deep and Abiding Love for me.
Makes me want to help God, help Life, free others from the knowledge they have to earn their keep, that they have to DO something or BE something to be loved.
I want to rush out, shouting, hollering, letting folks know…..hmm….who am I, though?
What do I have?
What stature am I?
What do I have to give that is of any worth?
What the world do MY words mean to this world?
I rushed to God, My Father, I AM and asked Him:
Who am I?
This is what I AM said to me:
Jeremiah 31:3 – The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Isaiah 41:8-10 –8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. 9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Romans 8:38-39 – For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
There is NOTHING I need to add, to do, to give, to be, to do, to be loved. Just am. Yes, I do, give, love, and be BECAUSE I am loved. Not to receive it. Awesome!
Now, I wait. With God. With Life.
Wait for you, to also turn aside, to look inside, to see the burning bush. So, you might be warmed by His Love, by the knowledge that you are loved, you DESERVE to be loved. Just because. Just because you are you.
I wait. And wonder. How many will turn aside. How many will ask…..who am I?
Ask. The answer will change your life.
waiting for you,
- Keep showing up!Monday. Again! *sigh*. Time. Time to start over. Again. Time, to show up. Again. Time. Time, to choose the starting line. Again. Time. Time, to wonder: Will today be the day where we get to win, finally? Will today be the day where we lose, yet again? Will today be the day where we give … Continue reading Keep showing up!
- Your efforts were NOT done in vain.Your efforts, your striving, your TRYing has NOT been in vain. Yes, it seems as though your efforts have come to naught. Yea, the struggle still feels like a struggle and humungous waste of time. Yea, the silence, the world, circumstances, situations all seem to be wondering why on earth you have not given up … Continue reading Your efforts were NOT done in vain.
- Your TRY is needed.Your TRY is needed. Your TRY is crucial. Your TRY causes others to want to try. Your TRY causes Heaven to try harder, on your behalf. Your TRY is changing lives, is changing your own. Even, when you can’t see, the outcome. ESPECIALLY, when you can’t see it. See, God and Life don’t want you … Continue reading Your TRY is needed.
- Real talk: stay PRESENT.“I have NO idea how I am going to make it to Friday!” That’s what I told my wombie, last night. ALL I saw was THREE MORE DAYS of existing, when I had barely scraped through Tuesday. Friday seemed so faaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr awwwwaaaayyyy!!! Just thinking about it had me despairing….hmm…… AHA!!!! Instead of staying, PRESENT, I … Continue reading Real talk: stay PRESENT.
- Put your hands together for YOU!Put your hands together! For YOU! YOU keep stepping up! YOU keep showing out! No matter what. No matter how. No matter where. YOU ARE STILL HERE!! Put your hands together, for YOU. YOU are fighting, still. YOU are TRYing, still. YOU are living, still. YOU are striving, still. Put your hands together, for YOU. … Continue reading Put your hands together for YOU!
- You are……loved. Seen. Heard. Valued. Take time to cherish YOU, today. Life is short. Yea, it hurts, at time. Much too short, though, to waste too much of it on regrets, whatifs and omygoodnesses. If you have been going through a rough patch, take a deep breath, tilt your head back and say…..ha! I got this!! … Continue reading You are…
- Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain.Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain. I have been trying to write this piece, since April. Today seems fitting, somehow. Had to scrape my way, out of bed. Forced myself, to STAY at work. Dammit! Sunday is Father’s Day. I BARELY made it, through Mother’s Day, in one piece. Still, I stood. This last … Continue reading Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain.
- I am……enough. You are… …enough. We are all… …enough. I am… …loved. You are… …loved. We are all… …loved. God loves… …me. God loves… …you. God loves… …us all. ‘Nuff said. 😎❤ Cassandra LOVED
- When loss is not a loss.I miss my mom. I miss my dad. I miss my brother. Could go on, but will stop with them. Have been fighting the good fight, being a good daughter, good sister, hard worker, supportive friend. Exhausting. I want to not have to be those people, to have to do those things. Took out the … Continue reading When loss is not a loss.