Happy birthday, my friend.
I love you. I miss you, terribly. Today, is the first time, in 35 years, I can think of your birthday, and NOT my day of anger/rage.
I have missed you, my friend, so much. I miss, your laugh. I miss, your smile. I miss, the way you were forever picking on me. I miss, how you liked saying shocking things to me. All, to make me cringe, and you laugh….*cringe*….*blush*….
I’m sorry, my friend. Sorry that I turned away, from you, from our friendship, in a fit of anger/hurt. I don’t even remember, who made who angry. I just remember storming out. Stomping, down the walk….*sigh*.
I remember, your opening the screen door, calling my name, asking if I would be returning for your birthday, the next day.
I remember, turning, furious, and telling you I would return. At least, I have that. Your eyes, pleaded with me, to come back. Am sure you wanted to hash things out. I will FOREVER, ache that I did not return. I told myself that I would see you, tomorrow, April 1st. Your birthday.
How would I know, you would have a stroke? How, could I have EVER known, you would be in the hospital, on your birthday. That, your life, would end on April 1st?
Your pain, ended on April 1st. Mine, sadly, was just beginning. Yes, I saw you, briefly, that night. You were in a coma. I never saw your gaze, upon mine, again. Your pleading look, as I turned from you, has chased my days, haunted my nights, for 35 years.
I mourn, your loss. More, I mourn, the lost opportunity. It would have taken 20 steps, to return to you. Had I ONLY known, my friend, these would be our last moments, I would have held you, one last time. We never got a:
THAT moment, has haunted me. THAT moment, has caused me to turn away, from so many other moments. I was too angry, with ME, to receive them. I did not think myself worthy, anymore. Of:
I was punishing myself, you see, for having punished you, in turning away, at your need. So, I began, turning away, from myself, and my needs. I did NOT deserve:
At, THAT moment, that awful, life-altering, life-changing, soul-destroying, DEVASTATING moment, I caged, Jaybird. Seemingly, forever. Or, so I had thought.
Thankfully, God, Life, and Jaybird were relentless. Relentless, in pursuit, of ALL my broken pieces, my shattered heart.
As surely as I turned away, my heart shattered, into a million pieces. Every since, I had been trying to earn my way, back into Life’s good graces.
God never meant for me, to have sacrificed all future happiness, based upon one foolish, unknowing choice. My friend, you would never have wanted me to, sacrifice all future happiness, based upon one foolish, unknowing choice.
Words, are powerful. Even, unspoken words. Sometimes, the unspoken ones, are much more devastating, than spoken words can ever be.
Unspoken words leave much, too much, to our imagination. We are left, to wonder, to surmise, to make up conversations, in our heads, in our hearts, of what the other person may have, probably are, may be, thinking.
We have, NO idea. Yet, we dramatically hold conversations of what could have, should have, may be said.
This is what I have done, have tried not to do, with you, for 35 years. The conversations never went well. I found anger was getting in the way. I was so very angry, with me, for not returning. For denying us, for denying me, one last moment, with you.
I have died, a thousand deaths, beating myself up, for not returning for that last hug. And, in denying you, your last hug. Well, it turns out, I have been denying, myself, of so many hugs, from so many relationships I have not fully invested myself in. I did not trust myself. To not turn away, yet again, in anger. The anger I have carried, buried so deep I don’t feel it until the end of March, comes around.
Dear God, THAT moment. I can not, tell you, how many times, I have:
Kept, to myself.
Hid, ALL emotions.
Rejected, possible relationships.
Ended, promising friendships.
I became an expert, at:
From, new moments, life-changing moments, life-giving moments. I did not think I deserved them. I feared, what I would DO with them. I was, quite frankly, afraid to find out. I did not, trust the moments. Okay, I didn’t trust, ME, in the moments.
Thankfully, God, Life and Jaybird were relentless. See, God wants us, whole. Jesus, wants us, free. Life wants us:
I am grateful. So, very grateful, for the Relentless Love, of The Father. I am awed, of the Humbling Forgiveness and Grace, of Jesus. I am amazed, at the extreme patience, of life. I am truly humbled, at the unconditional love of Jaybird, MY Jaybird, the spirit of love, hope, peace, joy that God has given to us all.
We, all of us, were created, in the image of God. God IS Love. The definition of love, in the bible is this:
1 Corinthians 13: 1- 13(NIV) – If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
It because of, God’s Love, for me, I was FINALLY, able to start loving me, the way He loves me:
Because God, Life, and Jaybird, cut the hole, lowered me to Jesus, last night, I was set free. Released, from THAT anger. Healed, from THAT moment. As, I gave Jesus, my broken pieces, my broken heart, my anger, my shame, my guilt, ALL my fears, He replaced them all. Replaced them with:
He took my broken pieces, my broken heart, covered them, with His Precious, Priceless Blood, and made me:
It is with, this freedom, I speak with you, now, today. On your birthday. April 1st. I weep, as I type these words. I realize that God has changed THAT moment. He has turned it into THIS moment:
Now, MY birth, day. A new, day! Free, from anger. Free, from fear. Free, from doubt.
I hope again, my friend.
Happy birthday, my friend. I am certain, you are happy, for me. The tears I pray for you now, are tears of:
Thank you, my friend. Thank you, for all the time, we spent together. Both the good times and the not so much.
I hate to end, this letter. I enjoyed, THIS moment. Our new moment.
Continue, to rest in peace. For, I now, am at rest, at peace. Jaybird, flies. I, Cassandra, now flies with her.
Love with all my heart.
Cassandra JAYBIRD ALWAYS
- Tell, someone.Tell, someone. Tell, someone, they are: Loved. Needed. Required. Let, someone. Let, someone: In. Love, you. Give, someone. Give, someone: You. Let them, give, to you. Show, someone. Show, someone: Your, heart. Let them, show their heart, too. Love, someone. Love, someone: Beginning, with you. Extend that love, to another. Allow another, to extend that … Continue reading Tell, someone.
- Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.Today, I rejoice. Fully, present. Fully, LIVEing. Fully, here. Fully, invested: In, life. In, love. In, me. In, God. In, Life. In, others. It feels good. To, be. Just to be, ME! Never, again, allowing circumstances, situations, others, other’s expectations, or lack thereof, to: Define, me. Own, me. Silence, me. Frighten, me. Defeat, me. Dismiss, … Continue reading Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.
- Jesus, here You stay.Jesus, here, You stay. Here, with me, You remain. Where ever I find me, I find You, there, too. No matter, where, You are there. I love You, Jesus. For, You have NO shame, when it comes, to me. To, seeking me. To, finding me. Where EVER, I go, there, You are willing to go, … Continue reading Jesus, here You stay.
- He plays with ME. Wow.God plays. With me. With ME! Wow!! I am a different breed of cat, as they say. I enjoy goofhead things. I ENJOY being a goofhead. Most folk, though, either are too uncomfortable, too annoyed, or too something or other to allow me to, well, just be my goofhead side. I need to BE, her, … Continue reading He plays with ME. Wow.
- Real talk: Play.It may, or may NOT be true, depending on who you listen to, or who be snitching, that I am sitting here, in my undies, drinking coffee, blasting Hillsong’s ‘Through it All’, in semi darkness, bathed only in the glow of my candle warmer…..*shiver*….awesome!! My heart woke me. She wanted, to play. No, she NEEDED, … Continue reading Real talk: Play.
- Alone: A shepherd.Am feeling alone, today. Not, lonely. Just, alone. A sheperd. Helping God and Life to gently usher the little ones, back to the rest of the herd, where there is safety. Jesus loves all. Yet, His Greatest Concern, is for the stragglers, the lost sheep, those who stray a bit, from the safety the other … Continue reading Alone: A shepherd.
- You Are Amazing!YOU ARE AMAZING! The things that we suffer with and from have a way of obscuring this one immutable certainty: You are amazing! Now, you may not be feeling particularly amazing at this particular moment in time (particularly if you are a person who views the glass as being half-empty and you may be struggling … Continue reading You Are Amazing!
- You don’t make a difference, you ARE the difference!Go! Now! Be! Do! YOU! ‘Nuff said. Time is short, beloveds. This world NEEDS who and what you are. Be: You. For: Him. Me. You. Everyone. Unapologetically. Relentlessly. Tirelessly. Love SHALL win, in the end. Be, a light. With, The Light. Forever His and yours, I am. #YourLifeMattersToMe
- Who, am I?I asked God: Who, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. I asked God: Whose, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. And, I am Yours. I asked God: Why, am I? God said: Because, I AM. You, are. I, said I!? Yes, said He!! I am. I am!! … Continue reading Who, am I?
- You are amazing.You are amazing. Yea, YOU. If your eyes have landed, on this page, I was talking to you. 😎 Nope, you didn’t have to DO anything. Why are you amazing, you ask? The fact you may even HAVE to ask makes me sad. I used to wonder the same thing, about me. Used to beat … Continue reading You are amazing.
- Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.I am not satisfied. God and Life keeps saying there is more to this life I have been living. They are right. The more free I get, the more I want to experience LIFE. ALL of it. The good days and the tough days. The awesome moments and the rough moments. I want to give … Continue reading Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.
- Knowing the why, helps you do the what.I am a question asker. I work God and Life’s nerves forever asking… “Why does this do this?” “Why did that do THAT!?!” My bro, bless his heart, sent me a Mini Google, and I now spend ENDLESS hours, asking Ok Google THE most ridiculous questions in the wide world. That, and making her endlessly … Continue reading Knowing the why, helps you do the what.
- Do you on YOU!I love helping folk. Doing for them. Encouraging them. Trying my best to help make their way straight, their day easier, their life just a bit better, if I can. I spare no expense, think countless hours and efforts are worth it, if it will be of service or help. Yet, I have found, I … Continue reading Do you on YOU!
- Full.Full. I have never been so full, by being emptied, thereby being empty. In being empty, I am now full. Full. Now able. To: Fill, others. Refill, me. Again. Full. Complete. Lacking nothing, having received all, after emptying all. To: Him. For: Me. You. The world. Full. Free. I shall now ALWAYS be. His and … Continue reading Full.
- Free.Free. No longer, chasing something. No longer, being chased, by something. I am free. From: Expectation. Yours. Mine. The world’s. Free. No longer, pursuing, something. No longer, being pursued, by something. I am free. From: Fear. Yours. Mine. The world’s. Free. I am ready. To run: To something. Not, away from something. Free. I am … Continue reading Free.
- I left the lights on for you.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=fiR18oC4eiI&feature=share Life has been tough, beloveds. We have endured much. We have received, seemingly, very little, in return. We have cried, many a tear. We have received, repeatedly, very little, in return. We have given, our all. We have received, undoubtedly, very little, in return. We have lost, lots. Yet, lots more loss, was required. … Continue reading I left the lights on for you.
- Real talk: Here for you, as best I can.2020 was hard. For all of us. 2021 has been hard. For all of us. Life, situations, circumstances ALL showed up to, well, kick us all, in the face. They made us sit up, take notice, and to decide what we believe in, what we will/do stand for, who/what we will fight for, support, and … Continue reading Real talk: Here for you, as best I can.
- Real talk: Take it all.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-c000kExHwM&feature=share From, the beginning, the enemy, satan, has been trying to, threatening to, using every while/guile, in his arsenal, to take all, from me, from you. From, the beginning, the world, has been trying to, threatening to, using every while/guile in it’s arsenal, to take all, from me, from you. From, the beginning, they have … Continue reading Real talk: Take it all.
- Now what!?Circumstances acted a fool on me, today. Today, I stood. Now what, circumstances?! You, do NOT run this. You, do NOT run me. You, circumstances, shall run from me. Situations cut up on me, today. Today, I trusted. Now what, situations!? You, do NOT own this. You, do NOT own me. You, situations, shall be … Continue reading Now what!?
- I CHOOSE…I choose: To stand, no matter what. To TRY, no matter what. To love, no matter what. To give my all, no matter what. To persevere, no matter what. To laugh, no matter what. To hope, no matter what. I choose to: Trust, God. Trust, Life. Trust, my TRY. Trust, the folks in my life … Continue reading I CHOOSE…
- Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=X0f8bg4XEeI&feature=share PSA: There may be tears, by post end. Skip the end….😥. Hang in there, til the end, and the ride will be worth it. Okay, maybe not but my vent, er rant, er ahem, positive, uplifting message will have been of benefit to us all. *que sinister, foreboding, what the fresh hell music* I … Continue reading Real talk: Big bros and Popeyes.
- A shout out to ALL who care.I spent a delicious weekend enjoying the different blogs and responses! Sooooooooooooo much: Encouragement. Feedback. Challenges. Love. Care. Truth. Shown and shared! Awesome!! Thanks to ALL who have taken from their moments to reach into my life and touch my heart. This week is anniversary of the passing of one of my big bros. Today … Continue reading A shout out to ALL who care.
- Today, was too heavy to carry, today.Today, was too heavy to carry, today. I gave it to God and Life, instead. Allowed THEM to carry this day, THEIR way. Laid my head upon God and Life’s Shoulders. Asked THEM to bear these burdens, and replace them with peace/joy/love, again. My burdens, They carried. Both told me to rest and allow THEM … Continue reading Today, was too heavy to carry, today.