I admit it. I dance, in my underwear, after a particularly exhilarating shower.💃
Okay, okay! I will tell them I dance, in my underwear, in the middle of the night, in the cold light of day.
Just like dancing, alone, free, in my undies. 🤷♀️
Why do I admit this, to you, to me?
Because, I…I was jamming to my music, and suddenly became conscious that I was a 52 year old woman, overweight, hair falling out, from sickness/stress.
Nevertheless, I was spinning around and round, when the thought came to me…Yikes! Egads! I have need of thee.
Me: I find myself, embarrassed.
Yikes: Why, for Heavens sake?
Egads: Yea, what’s up with that, Jaybird?
Me: I suddenly, wonder, if I am embarrassment, to Dad, dancing this way before Him.
Suddenly, there was a knock on my heart’s door…
God/Dad: May I enter the conversation?
Me: You are welcome. Any where. At, any time. What’s up?
Dad: I noticed you stopped dancing. I came to ask, why My Beloved Daughter? I was rather enjoying your latest moves. Remind me to ask what happened to the lamp. 😘
Me: I thought of my old age, my broken down body, my white hair, and, well, Yikes! Egads!!
Yikes/Egads: Don’t bring us into the conversation. You are the one who put a halt to God’s Dance Party.
Me: What Dance Party?
Dad: *sigh*. You were not meant to know this, yet. Nevertheless, if it gets the Party started, again, tell you, I shall do. It may be easier to show you…
Rending back, the Curtain of Time, God invited Jaybird to follow. Kicking up stardust, Dad and Jaybird made their way to Heaven.
Once there, Jaybird was stunned by what she saw:
Jesus had flung His Crown upon His Throne, and was line-dancing, with Michael, Gabriel, and half the Heavenly Host.
The other Half were doing the robot, the running man, and…no idea, all kinds of weird dances.🕺
David, was break-dancing, executing an impressive spin.🕴
Even Noah, Sarah, Job, and Elijah were busting their own old/shaky moves. Sarah cut quite the rug, at her age.💃
Suddenly, ALL of heaven came to a screeching halt.
The Host started an uproar. Michael and Gabriel rushed to find the source of the lost music.
Jesus, peered over the Barrier of Time…
Jesus: She stopped dancing.
Sarah: Whyever for?!
Jesus: Beats me. That’s a wrap, folks. Best be about The Father’s Work. Remember, your places. She may start again soon. I particularly enjoy our Dance Party with her. Perhaps, there are others praising Him. Let’s go see.
The Room emptied, in search of other Praise/Dance Parties.
Jaybird: Wow. I had no idea. Thought I danced alone. Thought, maybe my undignified dancing was an embarrassment with me being The Daughter of The King.
God: Know ye not, Beloved. Heaven rejoices whenever, however, whyever you praise/pray/rejoice?
Your dance/prayer/praise are indicative of your belief in Me.
Heaven knows you need My Word, My CHARACTER, and My Deep and Abiding Love for you.
Jaybird: ALL, of Heaven? For me? I fly, dented. What could MY dances possibly mean to them?
Dad: Enough! You shall NOT diminish, dismiss yourself, in My Sight. Beloved, dim not thyself, ANYWHERE, with ANYONE, at ANYTIME.
I created, thee. I have, called thee, by thy name, thou art Mine!
Now, we are wasting time. May we start Your Dance Party, now?
Bending low, God placed a tender kiss upon Jaybird’s check, whispered something meant for only her to hear.
With one last backwards glance, God winked and closed the Curtain of Time, behind Him.
*Cranking up the volume, Jaybird clumsily tried David’s intricate spin*
Oppps…*Cassandra makes a mental note to buy another lamp. Didn’t care for it much, anywho*
Life: Yasss! 💃
God: Woooo Hoooo! 🕺
It seems, I am again, stifling Jaybird. She is not the dented one, it appears.
The dented one, is me. I have allowed myself to dim my goofness. Alas, I appear to be a bit ashamed of donning my Aqua ish shirt. 😥
Jaybird: Why, o, why, have you put away your Aqua ish shirt?! It’s what I love most about you.
Me: I am ashamed, Jaybird, of keeping you dimmed, for all these years. Yes, I had let you, roam freely, when it was just me, just you.
Jaybird: Why? Were you embarrassed, of me?
Me: No. I feared others, would be. I told myself I was protecting you. Turns out, I was only fearfully protecting me.
Jaybird: What are you going to do, about this, about me?
Me: Honestly? I don’t know.
Us ‘loud’ folks are so used to being shushed it is difficult to reveal our passions.
We are deathly tired of being accused of being angry.
We are sick to death of having to explain why we are so passionate.
We just are.
By the time we have explained and got our passion approval card approved, we just don’t have the energy to be passionate.
Easier, to be silent. I apologize for silencing you. I don’t blame others, for silencing you, as I used to. This was of my own doing.
Jaybird: It’s okay. When you knew better, you did better. Forgive yourself. I have, long ago. I knew you were trying to protect you. I still flew, for both of us. I fly, for both of us, still.
You, fly, too. Dented, yes, but, you, fly, still.
Tenderly, Jaybird placed an Aqua ish shirt upon Cassandra’s humbled shoulders.
Jaybird: Looks good on you! 💃😎
Moral of the story? I don’t know. Someone, tell me.😥
Absolutely NO idea how to sign off on this one,
I have to be honest and wish I had a tribe.
- Keep showing up!Monday. Again! *sigh*. Time. Time to start over. Again. Time, to show up. Again. Time. Time, to choose the starting line. Again. Time. Time, to wonder: Will today be the day where we get to win, finally? Will today be the day where we lose, yet again? Will today be the day where we give … Continue reading Keep showing up!
- Your efforts were NOT done in vain.Your efforts, your striving, your TRYing has NOT been in vain. Yes, it seems as though your efforts have come to naught. Yea, the struggle still feels like a struggle and humungous waste of time. Yea, the silence, the world, circumstances, situations all seem to be wondering why on earth you have not given up … Continue reading Your efforts were NOT done in vain.
- Your TRY is needed.Your TRY is needed. Your TRY is crucial. Your TRY causes others to want to try. Your TRY causes Heaven to try harder, on your behalf. Your TRY is changing lives, is changing your own. Even, when you can’t see, the outcome. ESPECIALLY, when you can’t see it. See, God and Life don’t want you … Continue reading Your TRY is needed.
- Real talk: stay PRESENT.“I have NO idea how I am going to make it to Friday!” That’s what I told my wombie, last night. ALL I saw was THREE MORE DAYS of existing, when I had barely scraped through Tuesday. Friday seemed so faaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr awwwwaaaayyyy!!! Just thinking about it had me despairing….hmm…… AHA!!!! Instead of staying, PRESENT, I … Continue reading Real talk: stay PRESENT.
- Put your hands together for YOU!Put your hands together! For YOU! YOU keep stepping up! YOU keep showing out! No matter what. No matter how. No matter where. YOU ARE STILL HERE!! Put your hands together, for YOU. YOU are fighting, still. YOU are TRYing, still. YOU are living, still. YOU are striving, still. Put your hands together, for YOU. … Continue reading Put your hands together for YOU!
- You are……loved. Seen. Heard. Valued. Take time to cherish YOU, today. Life is short. Yea, it hurts, at time. Much too short, though, to waste too much of it on regrets, whatifs and omygoodnesses. If you have been going through a rough patch, take a deep breath, tilt your head back and say…..ha! I got this!! … Continue reading You are…
- Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain.Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain. I have been trying to write this piece, since April. Today seems fitting, somehow. Had to scrape my way, out of bed. Forced myself, to STAY at work. Dammit! Sunday is Father’s Day. I BARELY made it, through Mother’s Day, in one piece. Still, I stood. This last … Continue reading Broken pieces: You are NOT your pain.
- I am……enough. You are… …enough. We are all… …enough. I am… …loved. You are… …loved. We are all… …loved. God loves… …me. God loves… …you. God loves… …us all. ‘Nuff said. 😎❤ Cassandra LOVED
- When loss is not a loss.I miss my mom. I miss my dad. I miss my brother. Could go on, but will stop with them. Have been fighting the good fight, being a good daughter, good sister, hard worker, supportive friend. Exhausting. I want to not have to be those people, to have to do those things. Took out the … Continue reading When loss is not a loss.
- In this day.Good Morning. Yes, it IS good. You are here. STILL. You fought the night, to get to today, and won. The day, is yours, to use as you please. You only get one. Use it wisely. Laugh, in this day. Love, in this day. Spend some time with God, in this day. Chop it up … Continue reading In this day.
- Believe!https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwSKZ8D1oM&feature=share Believe. Believe! BELIEVE!! Believe, in yourself. Believe, in your future. Believe, love IS for you. Believe, your dreams ARE attainable and worth having. Believe, you will make it. Believe, you CAN. Believe, you WILL!! Believe, ALL things really do work together FOR YOUR GOOD. Believe, you are MORE than a conqueror, through HIM, who … Continue reading Believe!
- Real talk: HIS Handwriting Part III was writing, yes, using my own ugly handwriting, this morning. It is both easy, and hard, to do. Okay, not easy. Hard. Why? This is what I wrote: I was thinking about blogging about my handwriting. The more I ‘write’, the more I look at my “ugly” handwriting, the more I am forced to … Continue reading Real talk: HIS Handwriting Part II
- Hope ALWAYS wins!How great is that!? Don’t EVER allow yourself to turn loose of your hope. Hang in there. Someone needed this message. Hang in there. You got this. Cassandra HOPEFUL STILL #YourLifeMattersToMe 😎
- Celebrate you.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=z6DhNR3eO0U&feature=share Look at you! Go on ‘head, with yo bad self!! Strut your stuff. 💃 Take a bow. You livin’, beloved. You doin’ you. You handlin’ yo life bidnezz!! Yassssssss! Look at you! You have: Refused, to give up. Refused, to give in. You have: Loved: Hard: No matter the cost. No matter the why. … Continue reading Celebrate you.
- Time to dance!!https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjfs3rSIpIQ&feature=share Time to dance, beloveds!🔥💃❤ Ran the dishwasher. Turned on the lights. Loved somebody. Loved ourselves. Yasssss! We have shouted, into the void, and have won. Time to dance. Dancing with you, Cassandra LOVED 😎
- Sometimes, you just have to turn on the lights and start the dishwasher.Egads! Yikes! May and June can be rough, at times. Time I dodge, get through, the Mother’s Day bullet, here comes, the Father’s Day bullet…*sigh*. During, these weeks, I suck it up butter cup, I pull myself up by the bootstraps, I keep on keeping on, and all the other blasted sayings one says to … Continue reading Sometimes, you just have to turn on the lights and start the dishwasher.
- Rely on Your Help.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJcemwPMYM&feature=share One of THE most awesome things to hanging out with God is when life is super tough, and you don’t think you can make it not even one more step, He steps in and is right there, with us. That is, IF we remember to reach out, for help, for support, for love, when … Continue reading Rely on Your Help.
- Stillborn dreams.I’m tired. Tired of shouting into the void. That’s what I told God and Life, yesterday. And, the day before that. And, the day before that. I shout into the void. I wait. I wait. I wait. I wait. The day, turns into the night… The void has mocked me. ALL day. The void says … Continue reading Stillborn dreams.
- Turn your comfort food into a meal with The King.I admit it. I have been upset, ALL day. Missing mom. Exhausted from doing a new job I don’t know how to do. On top of all this, I have to live and not survive. Can’t hide behind distraction. Can’t keep my dammed feelings in a drawer where only God and Life can see. Am … Continue reading Turn your comfort food into a meal with The King.