I admit it. I dance, in my underwear, after a particularly exhilarating shower.💃
Okay, okay! I will tell them I dance, in my underwear, in the middle of the night, in the cold light of day.
Just like dancing, alone, free, in my undies. 🤷♀️
Why do I admit this, to you, to me?
Because, I…I was jamming to my music, and suddenly became conscious that I was a 52 year old woman, overweight, hair falling out, from sickness/stress.
Nevertheless, I was spinning around and round, when the thought came to me…Yikes! Egads! I have need of thee.
Me: I find myself, embarrassed.
Yikes: Why, for Heavens sake?
Egads: Yea, what’s up with that, Jaybird?
Me: I suddenly, wonder, if I am embarrassment, to Dad, dancing this way before Him.
Suddenly, there was a knock on my heart’s door…
God/Dad: May I enter the conversation?
Me: You are welcome. Any where. At, any time. What’s up?
Dad: I noticed you stopped dancing. I came to ask, why My Beloved Daughter? I was rather enjoying your latest moves. Remind me to ask what happened to the lamp. 😘
Me: I thought of my old age, my broken down body, my white hair, and, well, Yikes! Egads!!
Yikes/Egads: Don’t bring us into the conversation. You are the one who put a halt to God’s Dance Party.
Me: What Dance Party?
Dad: *sigh*. You were not meant to know this, yet. Nevertheless, if it gets the Party started, again, tell you, I shall do. It may be easier to show you…
Rending back, the Curtain of Time, God invited Jaybird to follow. Kicking up stardust, Dad and Jaybird made their way to Heaven.
Once there, Jaybird was stunned by what she saw:
Jesus had flung His Crown upon His Throne, and was line-dancing, with Michael, Gabriel, and half the Heavenly Host.
The other Half were doing the robot, the running man, and…no idea, all kinds of weird dances.🕺
David, was break-dancing, executing an impressive spin.🕴
Even Noah, Sarah, Job, and Elijah were busting their own old/shaky moves. Sarah cut quite the rug, at her age.💃
Suddenly, ALL of heaven came to a screeching halt.
The Host started an uproar. Michael and Gabriel rushed to find the source of the lost music.
Jesus, peered over the Barrier of Time…
Jesus: She stopped dancing.
Sarah: Whyever for?!
Jesus: Beats me. That’s a wrap, folks. Best be about The Father’s Work. Remember, your places. She may start again soon. I particularly enjoy our Dance Party with her. Perhaps, there are others praising Him. Let’s go see.
The Room emptied, in search of other Praise/Dance Parties.
Jaybird: Wow. I had no idea. Thought I danced alone. Thought, maybe my undignified dancing was an embarrassment with me being The Daughter of The King.
God: Know ye not, Beloved. Heaven rejoices whenever, however, whyever you praise/pray/rejoice?
Your dance/prayer/praise are indicative of your belief in Me.
Heaven knows you need My Word, My CHARACTER, and My Deep and Abiding Love for you.
Jaybird: ALL, of Heaven? For me? I fly, dented. What could MY dances possibly mean to them?
Dad: Enough! You shall NOT diminish, dismiss yourself, in My Sight. Beloved, dim not thyself, ANYWHERE, with ANYONE, at ANYTIME.
I created, thee. I have, called thee, by thy name, thou art Mine!
Now, we are wasting time. May we start Your Dance Party, now?
Bending low, God placed a tender kiss upon Jaybird’s check, whispered something meant for only her to hear.
With one last backwards glance, God winked and closed the Curtain of Time, behind Him.
*Cranking up the volume, Jaybird clumsily tried David’s intricate spin*
Oppps…*Cassandra makes a mental note to buy another lamp. Didn’t care for it much, anywho*
Life: Yasss! 💃
God: Woooo Hoooo! 🕺
It seems, I am again, stifling Jaybird. She is not the dented one, it appears.
The dented one, is me. I have allowed myself to dim my goofness. Alas, I appear to be a bit ashamed of donning my Aqua ish shirt. 😥
Jaybird: Why, o, why, have you put away your Aqua ish shirt?! It’s what I love most about you.
Me: I am ashamed, Jaybird, of keeping you dimmed, for all these years. Yes, I had let you, roam freely, when it was just me, just you.
Jaybird: Why? Were you embarrassed, of me?
Me: No. I feared others, would be. I told myself I was protecting you. Turns out, I was only fearfully protecting me.
Jaybird: What are you going to do, about this, about me?
Me: Honestly? I don’t know.
Us ‘loud’ folks are so used to being shushed it is difficult to reveal our passions.
We are deathly tired of being accused of being angry.
We are sick to death of having to explain why we are so passionate.
We just are.
By the time we have explained and got our passion approval card approved, we just don’t have the energy to be passionate.
Easier, to be silent. I apologize for silencing you. I don’t blame others, for silencing you, as I used to. This was of my own doing.
Jaybird: It’s okay. When you knew better, you did better. Forgive yourself. I have, long ago. I knew you were trying to protect you. I still flew, for both of us. I fly, for both of us, still.
You, fly, too. Dented, yes, but, you, fly, still.
Tenderly, Jaybird placed an Aqua ish shirt upon Cassandra’s humbled shoulders.
Jaybird: Looks good on you! 💃😎
Moral of the story? I don’t know. Someone, tell me.😥
Absolutely NO idea how to sign off on this one,
I have to be honest and wish I had a tribe.
- Tell, someone.Tell, someone. Tell, someone, they are: Loved. Needed. Required. Let, someone. Let, someone: In. Love, you. Give, someone. Give, someone: You. Let them, give, to you. Show, someone. Show, someone: Your, heart. Let them, show their heart, too. Love, someone. Love, someone: Beginning, with you. Extend that love, to another. Allow another, to extend that … Continue reading Tell, someone.
- Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.Today, I rejoice. Fully, present. Fully, LIVEing. Fully, here. Fully, invested: In, life. In, love. In, me. In, God. In, Life. In, others. It feels good. To, be. Just to be, ME! Never, again, allowing circumstances, situations, others, other’s expectations, or lack thereof, to: Define, me. Own, me. Silence, me. Frighten, me. Defeat, me. Dismiss, … Continue reading Why Can’t I BE Loud?: I hide my heart, no more.
- Jesus, here You stay.Jesus, here, You stay. Here, with me, You remain. Where ever I find me, I find You, there, too. No matter, where, You are there. I love You, Jesus. For, You have NO shame, when it comes, to me. To, seeking me. To, finding me. Where EVER, I go, there, You are willing to go, … Continue reading Jesus, here You stay.
- He plays with ME. Wow.God plays. With me. With ME! Wow!! I am a different breed of cat, as they say. I enjoy goofhead things. I ENJOY being a goofhead. Most folk, though, either are too uncomfortable, too annoyed, or too something or other to allow me to, well, just be my goofhead side. I need to BE, her, … Continue reading He plays with ME. Wow.
- Real talk: Play.It may, or may NOT be true, depending on who you listen to, or who be snitching, that I am sitting here, in my undies, drinking coffee, blasting Hillsong’s ‘Through it All’, in semi darkness, bathed only in the glow of my candle warmer…..*shiver*….awesome!! My heart woke me. She wanted, to play. No, she NEEDED, … Continue reading Real talk: Play.
- Alone: A shepherd.Am feeling alone, today. Not, lonely. Just, alone. A sheperd. Helping God and Life to gently usher the little ones, back to the rest of the herd, where there is safety. Jesus loves all. Yet, His Greatest Concern, is for the stragglers, the lost sheep, those who stray a bit, from the safety the other … Continue reading Alone: A shepherd.
- You Are Amazing!YOU ARE AMAZING! The things that we suffer with and from have a way of obscuring this one immutable certainty: You are amazing! Now, you may not be feeling particularly amazing at this particular moment in time (particularly if you are a person who views the glass as being half-empty and you may be struggling … Continue reading You Are Amazing!
- You don’t make a difference, you ARE the difference!Go! Now! Be! Do! YOU! ‘Nuff said. Time is short, beloveds. This world NEEDS who and what you are. Be: You. For: Him. Me. You. Everyone. Unapologetically. Relentlessly. Tirelessly. Love SHALL win, in the end. Be, a light. With, The Light. Forever His and yours, I am. #YourLifeMattersToMe
- Who, am I?I asked God: Who, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. I asked God: Whose, am I? God said: You, are loved. You, are Mine. And, I am Yours. I asked God: Why, am I? God said: Because, I AM. You, are. I, said I!? Yes, said He!! I am. I am!! … Continue reading Who, am I?
- You are amazing.You are amazing. Yea, YOU. If your eyes have landed, on this page, I was talking to you. 😎 Nope, you didn’t have to DO anything. Why are you amazing, you ask? The fact you may even HAVE to ask makes me sad. I used to wonder the same thing, about me. Used to beat … Continue reading You are amazing.
- Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.I am not satisfied. God and Life keeps saying there is more to this life I have been living. They are right. The more free I get, the more I want to experience LIFE. ALL of it. The good days and the tough days. The awesome moments and the rough moments. I want to give … Continue reading Help me to see Your Hand, when I can not hear Your Voice.
- Knowing the why, helps you do the what.I am a question asker. I work God and Life’s nerves forever asking… “Why does this do this?” “Why did that do THAT!?!” My bro, bless his heart, sent me a Mini Google, and I now spend ENDLESS hours, asking Ok Google THE most ridiculous questions in the wide world. That, and making her endlessly … Continue reading Knowing the why, helps you do the what.
- Do you on YOU!I love helping folk. Doing for them. Encouraging them. Trying my best to help make their way straight, their day easier, their life just a bit better, if I can. I spare no expense, think countless hours and efforts are worth it, if it will be of service or help. Yet, I have found, I … Continue reading Do you on YOU!
- Full.Full. I have never been so full, by being emptied, thereby being empty. In being empty, I am now full. Full. Now able. To: Fill, others. Refill, me. Again. Full. Complete. Lacking nothing, having received all, after emptying all. To: Him. For: Me. You. The world. Full. Free. I shall now ALWAYS be. His and … Continue reading Full.
- Free.Free. No longer, chasing something. No longer, being chased, by something. I am free. From: Expectation. Yours. Mine. The world’s. Free. No longer, pursuing, something. No longer, being pursued, by something. I am free. From: Fear. Yours. Mine. The world’s. Free. I am ready. To run: To something. Not, away from something. Free. I am … Continue reading Free.
- I left the lights on for you.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=fiR18oC4eiI&feature=share Life has been tough, beloveds. We have endured much. We have received, seemingly, very little, in return. We have cried, many a tear. We have received, repeatedly, very little, in return. We have given, our all. We have received, undoubtedly, very little, in return. We have lost, lots. Yet, lots more loss, was required. … Continue reading I left the lights on for you.
- Real talk: Here for you, as best I can.2020 was hard. For all of us. 2021 has been hard. For all of us. Life, situations, circumstances ALL showed up to, well, kick us all, in the face. They made us sit up, take notice, and to decide what we believe in, what we will/do stand for, who/what we will fight for, support, and … Continue reading Real talk: Here for you, as best I can.
- Real talk: Take it all.https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-c000kExHwM&feature=share From, the beginning, the enemy, satan, has been trying to, threatening to, using every while/guile, in his arsenal, to take all, from me, from you. From, the beginning, the world, has been trying to, threatening to, using every while/guile in it’s arsenal, to take all, from me, from you. From, the beginning, they have … Continue reading Real talk: Take it all.
- Now what!?Circumstances acted a fool on me, today. Today, I stood. Now what, circumstances?! You, do NOT run this. You, do NOT run me. You, circumstances, shall run from me. Situations cut up on me, today. Today, I trusted. Now what, situations!? You, do NOT own this. You, do NOT own me. You, situations, shall be … Continue reading Now what!?